Monday, May 30, 2011

New Parts...Finally!

Finally, I can make some progress on the Z. Yesterday I bought and picked up some suspension parts such as a whole rear suspension! The guy even threw in the front strut as well. Now why am I so excited for a stock rear end, that's easy. The stock rear end that I picked up is the R180 and if you actually read these blogs you'll know I've really been looking for one. The rear end is a 3:54 ratio like the one I currently have in the Z now so once I change differentials I will keep the same gearing. I just have to replace the gasket but that's cheap and should only take a couple of minutes. I also got new (well slightly new) struts to and not just stock ones the ones that were in the rear end and the fronts I procured are Tokico HP's and with my good friend Jack hooking me up with the 280z linear springs the temporary performance setup will be complete. The parts also included a intacted front diff mount and supposedly new brake shoes as well as a useable bleeder valve for the rear drums since I fucked up one of mine. So all in all I came up pretty nice. So today since I had nothing to do I pull the diff out to the nice Southern California day cleaned it, I still need the gasket and I will most likely change out the rear retaining bolt and opt for allen head bolt for a little visual, we'll see. I was going to pull the struts out of the cartriges but realized I needed a set of channel locks to do it so I'll stop by Will's to pick his up as well as the floor jack so I can raise the car to do the needed work. I still need to pull the crossmember and drill and re-tap the bolt holes so the diff doesn't knock anymore (thank you previous owner).
A shitty picture of Emil

Eww..dirt!


Yeah it's clean..well kinda


0.0 Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment